21 January 2008
plan for Singapore Sports Hub
Singapore Sports Hub Consortium, Led By Dragages Singapore Pte Ltd, Selected as Preferred Bidder For Sports Hub Project@SSC
Located on a 35ha site in Kallang, the Sports Hub will include the following facilities:
• A new 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof;
• A 6,000-capacity indoor Aquatic Centre that meets world tournament standards;
• A 3,000-capacity multi-purpose arena which will be scalable and flexible in layout;
• 41,000 sq m of commercial space
• A Water Sports Centre
• The existing 12,000-capacity Singapore Indoor Stadium; and
• Supporting leisure and commercial developments
With its world-class facilities, the Sports Hub will be the Centre for Singapore's elite athletes and high performance management as well as an ideal location for sports and entertainment events, sports administration, and sports and recreation businesses.
It will help to create a critical mass of international, regional and local sports federations and associations, sports medicine and sports science service providers, sports related training and education service providers, sports companies' sales and marketing headquarters, and retail outlets.